Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lyla Marian Hansen



For those of you how did not know that we had our baby or have not heard the birth story, here it is. On May 11th I had a Dr. appt and found out that I had no change still dilated at a 2. He also told me he didn't think I would be having her until next week. I was so bummed out, I was so ready to be not pregnant. That night a few hours after we had fallen asleep, about 11:30pm I wake up to my water breaking! I have never felt this before they have always had to break it for me. We called Ty's parents to come stay with the kids and I stared packing my over night bag. (that was what I was going to do the next day oops.) I bet if you were watching Ty and I you would laugh, we were both so nervous/anxious we were pacing back and forth waiting for his parents. During our 16 minute drive to the hospital ( we timed it before) my contractions finally started and were about 2-3 minutes apart. We got into our room and they had to give me an antibiotic because I had strep B and I was not able to get my epidural for almost 2 hours after being omitted. That's the longest I have ever had to wait and the most pain I ever had to feel with any of my other babies. I don't know how you women do it all with out the meds. I get my epidural and now just wait until I fully dilate. At around 6:00am the Doctor came in and I started pushing. She was born at 6:05! Weighing 7 lbs 9 oz and 19 1/2 in. My biggest and earliest baby! Everything went great and both her and I are doing good. Ty went back to work today so I am figuring out how to be a stay at home mom of 3.



She was very swollen and bruised after birth, they told us it was because she came out so quick.




6 comments:

Breanne said...

COngrats. she is a cute baby! i love the name Lyla. Hope you are feeling good and the house searching is still moving along...
miss you

Kristin B. said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations to the whole family. I love her sweet name.

Mrs. Mom said...

She's gorgeous! Congrats!

Leslie said...

I love, love, love my little nieces and nephew! Little Lyla is such a cutie. I can't wait to hold her again!

webster said...

Congrats...she is looks perfect! Our kids are so close together, they and us could have some fun if we get together!

Allison said...

Congrats on a BEAUTIFUL baby girl! I'm so glad that you had her early and that everything went well (minus waiting for your epidural)!