Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday


Today was a big day for me, I had to give a talk in sacrament meeting. I have been able to get away with not having to give a talk for years and I am glad that with the encouragement from both my hubby and out bishop I said yes this time. I think I have only spoke one other time when I was a youth. In our family growing up if you said you were sick so you didn't have to go to church you were given a chore do to. I would take that chore cause in my mind that was better then having to give a talk. So when it was my month to talk I would not tell my parents and I would pretend that I was sick that Sunday.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

That's awesome! I've only had to give one talk since leaving young womens. I'm crossing my fingers that it sticks for awhile because I really don't like giving talks either.

Kellene said...

that is funny! I am dreading the day I have to give a talk. Does tuesday work for you? Kellene doesn't have school. I thought maybe we could meet up for lunch in idaho falls and shop a little or something. let me know.
-Breanne

Leslie said...

Mom and Scott said you guys did great! I am sure you did. GREAT job for facing your fear.

And, I want you guys to know how much we love you. I know things are hard right now but have faith and know that we are praying for you. Everything happens for a reason and we sometimes just need to look at the situation and grow from it.

Love you tons. Please call if you need to chat.